Subject: [PATCH v2 01/12] ARM: Orion: DT support for IRQ and GPIO Controllers

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Petazzoni)
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 14:58:01 +0200

Hello,

Le Thu, 5 Jul 2012 11:48:24 +0200,
Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]> a ?crit :

> The biggest problem i had, is the interaction between generic chip
> interrupts and irqdomain. There has been work to integrate the two,
> but its stalled. Either the work needs restarting and completing, or
> you need to throw away the use of generic interrupt so that you can
> use irqdomain linear. IMHO, throwing away generic interrupt is the
> wrong way.

Can you expand on why you think it would be wrong to throw away the
usage of irq_chip_generic, compared to implementing directly an
irq_chip?

Thanks!

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com