Subject: Boot breaks in -next from LEGACY to LINEAR conversion

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:10:23 +0100

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 07:57:49PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> -next fails to boot for me today on my s3c64xx based systems.  Walking
> back to the last time I tried and bisecting likely branches I find that
> commit 910139 (irqdomain: Replace LEGACY mapping with LINEAR) is the one
> that introduces the build break.  Unfortunately the boot fails before I
> get a console which makes diagnosis somewhat more tricky than would be
> ideal.  Any ideas?

Further data: the irq_domain_associate_many() calls that we're now doing
are also causing WARN_ON()s to go off during boot after commit 98aa46
(irqdomain: Support for static IRQ mapping and association) causing
breakage for my interrupt using MFDs.

I don't really have time to investigate now but backing out that commit
seems to make things much happier, I suspect there's some collision with
IRQs allocated statically by the platform but I don't immediately see
what's new here.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20120718/a55fdf50/attachment.sig>