Subject: [PATCH 2/16] SPI: Refactor spi-orion to use SPI framework queue.

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Lunn)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:16:41 +0200

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:37:47AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 09:27:49AM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> 
> > Will you accept any patches for this merge window? As you said, the DT
> > enablement is low risk. It should be possible to separate this one
> > patch from the other two.
> 
> Can you send the patches please?

I just sent the DT enabling patch. The other two, "Refactor spi-orion
to use SPI framework queue." and "remove uneeded spi_info" can wait
for the next merge window. For me, they are lower priority than
getting DT working.
 
> The bit I was saying was most low risk was the actual DT changes, as
> opposed to the bits that parse and use the DT.

Ah, O.K. I understood you wrongly. I actually think they are the most
dangerous part. A board booting with these DT changes, and without the
driver enablement for DT is likely to fail to find its root
filesystem.

Thanks
       Andrew