Subject: [PATCH 6/6] ARM: dts: add pinctrl in PXA DT files

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 08:44:28 +0000

On Saturday 28 July 2012, Haojian Zhuang wrote:
> +Required subnode-properties:
> +- marvell,pins : An array of strings. Each string contains the name of a pin
> +                 or group.
> +- marvell,function     : A string containing the name of the function to mux to the
> +                 pin or group.
> +- marvell,drive-strength : An integer value that means the drive strength of a
> +                        pin.
> +- marvell,pull-up      : The property means a pin is pull up for input.
> +- marvell,pull-down : The property means a pin is pull down for input.
> +- marvell,lowpower-pull-up : The property means a pin is pull up for input in
> +                         sleep state.
> +- marvell,lowpower-pull-down : The property means a pin is pull down for input
> +                           in sleep state.
> +- marvell,lowpower-drive-high : The property means a pin is driving high for
> +                            output in sleep state.
> +- marvell,lowpower-drive-low : The property means a pin is driving low for
> +                           output in sleep state.
> +- marvell,lowpower-float : The property means a pin is float in sleep state.
> +- marvell,lowpower-zero : The property means a pin is not configured in sleep
> +                       state.

These (or most of them) look like they are not very Marvell specific. Should
we try to standardize the way they are set across different bindings?

On a side-node, you probably don't want to make all of the above properties
"required" because some of them are mutually exclusive.

	Arnd