Subject: [PATCH 4/9] ASoC: imx: Don't use {en,dis}able_fiq() calls

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 22:41:22 +0100

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 03:39:50PM -0500, Matt Sealey wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Robert Schwebel

> > That's not true; we still run MX25, MX27, MX35, MX28 on mainline in
> > active projects.

> I think Shawn Guo (FSL/Linaro) would also disagree, since he's just
> posted a large amount of MXS patches to fix up the board for device
> trees, and Arnd is pulling them.

MXS != i.MX.

> As far as I know, the FIQ usage is quite valid for the processor it
> needs to run on (MX21/27/28, right?) in the modes it runs in (AC97 on
> these processors, and maybe MX35 too), and I'm just trying to figure
> out what the steps are for

Oh, ick.  What is the problem that means people want to use the FIQ on
these processors?  There's been i.MX2x audio DMA since forever, it had
DMA in mainline before any of the later i.MXs due to them having SDMA.
The original mainline i.MX audio support was done on i.MX27 and didn't
have any issue here, this is the fist I've heard of a problem.

> I did note that SND_SOC_EUKREA_TLV320 enables FIQ but it also depends
> on MX51 which makes me think this need to be split, too, so that MX51
> boards don't have it but MX2/MX3 do.

Is that not bitrot due to it being there before SDMA support was?