Subject: [PATCH V4 1/2] include/video: move fimd register headers from platform to include/video

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 14:28:56 +0000

On Tuesday 07 August 2012, Leela Krishna Amudala wrote:
> 
> This patch moves the contents from regs-fb-v4.h and regs-fb.h to
> include/video/samsung_fimd.h. Also updates the header inclusion in
> machine files and driver files accordingly.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Leela Krishna Amudala <[email-masked]>

You are missing an explanation here about why the file is moved.
It does seem like a good idea but please say why you do this.

More importantly, I don't understany why you move regs-fb-v4.h
but not regs-fb.h, which is included by the former. Also, the
only identifiers used in arch/arm from either of the two headers
are

	VIDCON0_VIDOUT_RGB
	VIDCON0_PNRMODE_RGBV
	VIDCON0_CLKSEL_LCD

	VIDCON1_INV_HSYNC
	VIDCON1_INV_VSYNC
	VIDCON1_INV_VCLK
	VIDCON1_INV_VDEN

and they are all in plat/regs-fb.h, so there is no need to
include the entire header file.

	Arnd