Subject: [PATCH v2 02/31] arm64: Kernel booting and initialisation

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 01:56:15 -0700

* Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]> [120814 11:00]:
> +3. Decompress the kernel image
> +------------------------------
> +
> +Requirement: OPTIONAL
> +
> +The AArch64 kernel does not provide a decompressor and therefore
> +requires gzip decompression to be performed by the boot loader if the
> +default Image.gz target is used.  For bootloaders that do not implement
> +this requirement, the larger Image target is available instead.

Maybe add something here about why AArch64 does not provide a
decompressor? That's something everybody will wonder while reading
this part.

> +- Caches, MMUs
> +  The MMU must be off.
> +  Instruction cache may be on or off.
> +  Data cache must be off and invalidated.

External caches must be configured by bootloader but set to disabled
state?

Other than that:

Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>