Subject: [PATCH 5/8] mfd: Provide the PRCMU with its own IRQ domain

From: [email-masked] (Lee Jones)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 09:36:43 +0100

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 12:44:37PM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 14 August 2012, Linus Walleij wrote:
> >> On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Lee Jones <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >>
> >> > +int db8500_irq_get_virq(int irq);
> >>
> >> And I'm sceptic about this business. Why isn't this physical-to virtual
> >> mapping business confined to the core MFD driver? But enlighten me.
> >
> > Traditionally, an MFD would add an offset to the local IRQ number
> > to put the VIRQ into the IRQ resource, but this doesn't work when
> > you have domains other than legacy.
> 
> Yes but I think I saw this other patch set from Lee, hitting
> irqdomain, OF and MFD to actually fix this ... or did I get
> it wrong?

No, you're not wrong.

Historically (in my patches) xb8500_irq_get_virq() was used by drivers
to obtain a VIRQ when not using Device Tree. Now the MFD core handles
conversion there is little requirement for it. In fact there are no
more users for db8500_irq_get_virq() and only one user for 
ab8500_irq_get_virq() and that's itself. I guess we can rid them and
call irq_get_mapping() directly instead.

-- 
Lee Jones
Linaro ST-Ericsson Landing Team Lead
Linaro.org ? Open source software for ARM SoCs
Follow Linaro: Facebook | Twitter | Blog