Subject: [PATCH 5/8] mfd: Provide the PRCMU with its own IRQ domain

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:29:23 +0100

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 01:55:32PM +0100, Lee Jones wrote:

> Right, that was the initial intention. It would be a trivial semantic
> change if drivers without DT support wished to use the functionality
> though. However, the only examples I found of a non-DT enabled driver
> that could make good use of it in order to strip out some cruft would
> be the Arizona and one of the Samsung drivers, and they each have

All of the regmap devices could use this.

> their own hand-rolled methods of hwirq -> virq conversion now, so any
> change to support them would result in multiple invocations of
> irq_create_mapping which would likely cause breakage.

Multiple calls to irq_create_mapping() are totally fine.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20120820/c6a761ac/attachment.sig>