Subject: [PATCH v3 1/4] arm/dts: regulator: Add tps65910 device tree data

From: [email-masked] (Mark Brown)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 19:08:47 +0100

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:05:15PM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
> On 08/21/2012 10:38 AM, Mark Brown wrote:

> > This isn't the general view for the regualtor API - we generally
> > want all regulators to be registered in order to allow us to see
> > what's going on with things even if we've not figured them out from
> > software.

> Oh, I said the above specifically because when I added the LDO
> configuration for the regulators that weren't used to the Tegra .dts
> files, you told me to remove it, based on the comment I put in there
> that they weren't used on the board.

The board shouldn't have to define the regulators, the regulator driver
really ought to be able to figure out that they're there by itself if
there's no configuration based purely on knowing which chip is there.
>>From that point of view it's OK for the chip .dtsi to have them (though
ideally the driver wouldn't *need* that either) which was what was
happening here.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20120821/76819cec/attachment.sig>