Subject: [PATCHv4 4/4] ARM: kprobes: make more tests conditional

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:09:26 +0000

On Wednesday 22 August 2012, Tixy wrote:

> If you do feel so inclined for a v4 however ;-) you could also make the
> mls part of the patch tidier by moving the added #endif to instead
> terminate the preceding "#if __LINUX_ARM_ARCH__ >= 6", i.e.
> 
> @@ -367,8 +367,10 @@ void kprobe_arm_test_cases(void)
>  	TEST_UNSUPPORTED(".word 0xe0500090 @ undef")
>  	TEST_UNSUPPORTED(".word 0xe05fff9f @ undef")
> +#endif
>  
> +#if __LINUX_ARM_ARCH__ >= 7
>  	TEST_RRR(  "mls		r0, r",1, VAL1,", r",2, VAL2,", r",3,  VAL3,"")
>  	TEST_RRR(  "mlshi	r7, r",8, VAL3,", r",9, VAL1,", r",10, VAL2,"")
>  	TEST_RR(   "mls		lr, r",1, VAL2,", r",2, VAL3,", r13")
> 
> 
> this looks funny in patch form, but the resulting source file is more
> consistent with other conditional tests.

Ok, here we go.

	Arnd

commit abfef4db8731591fbb721262bd4712662aaa6d14
Author: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Aug 16 07:49:31 2012 +0000

    ARM: kprobes: make more tests conditional
    
    The mls instruction is not available in ARMv6K or below, so we
    should make the test conditional on at least ARMv7. ldrexd/strexd
    are available in ARMv6K or ARMv7, which we can test by checking
    the CONFIG_CPU_32v6K symbol.
    
    /tmp/ccuMTZ8D.s: Assembler messages:
    /tmp/ccuMTZ8D.s:22188: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `mls r0,r1,r2,r3'
    /tmp/ccuMTZ8D.s:22222: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `mlshi r7,r8,r9,r10'
    /tmp/ccuMTZ8D.s:22252: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `mls lr,r1,r2,r13'
    
    Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
    Cc: Jon Medhurst <[email-masked]>
    Cc: Russell King <[email-masked]>
    Cc: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
    Cc: Leif Lindholm <[email-masked]>

diff --git a/arch/arm/kernel/kprobes-test-arm.c b/arch/arm/kernel/kprobes-test-arm.c
index 38c1a3b..8393129 100644
--- a/arch/arm/kernel/kprobes-test-arm.c
+++ b/arch/arm/kernel/kprobes-test-arm.c
@@ -366,7 +366,9 @@ void kprobe_arm_test_cases(void)
 	TEST_UNSUPPORTED(".word 0xe04f0392 @ umaal r0, pc, r2, r3")
 	TEST_UNSUPPORTED(".word 0xe0500090 @ undef")
 	TEST_UNSUPPORTED(".word 0xe05fff9f @ undef")
+#endif
 
+#if __LINUX_ARM_ARCH__ >= 7
 	TEST_RRR(  "mls		r0, r",1, VAL1,", r",2, VAL2,", r",3,  VAL3,"")
 	TEST_RRR(  "mlshi	r7, r",8, VAL3,", r",9, VAL1,", r",10, VAL2,"")
 	TEST_RR(   "mls		lr, r",1, VAL2,", r",2, VAL3,", r13")
@@ -456,6 +458,8 @@ void kprobe_arm_test_cases(void)
 	TEST_UNSUPPORTED(".word	0xe1700090") /* Unallocated space */
 #if __LINUX_ARM_ARCH__ >= 6
 	TEST_UNSUPPORTED("ldrex	r2, [sp]")
+#endif
+#if (__LINUX_ARM_ARCH__ >= 7) || defined(CONFIG_CPU_32v6K)
 	TEST_UNSUPPORTED("strexd	r0, r2, r3, [sp]")
 	TEST_UNSUPPORTED("ldrexd	r2, r3, [sp]")
 	TEST_UNSUPPORTED("strexb	r0, r2, [sp]")