Subject: [PATCH 07/22] ASoC: Ux500: Initialise PCM from MSP probe rather than as a device

From: [email-masked] (Lee Jones)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 13:20:03 +0100

> I say I don't understand the motivation for this change.  All the modern
> DT bindings are perfectly happy handling this without an explicit shim
> in the device tree to bodge things for Linux, adding them in seems like
> it'd be a retrograde step.  What benefit do you believe this brings?

How do the all the other DT:ed audio drivers handle the PCM then? More
importantly, how would you like to see it handled? Ola has NACKed this
patch and explained why:

"I'm sorry but this patch is breaking the design of ASoC. The ASoC-
platform is the DMA-block (in combination with the MSP-block), and
there should be a platform-driver for the DMA/PCM. The platform-driver 
then has a DAI which is the MSP. The ASoC DAI-link-struct should have
one driver for each of these, so the dummy-driver for PCM should be
there."

So I don't really know where to go with it. Any ideas?

-- 
Lee Jones
Linaro ST-Ericsson Landing Team Lead
Linaro.org ? Open source software for ARM SoCs
Follow Linaro: Facebook | Twitter | Blog