Subject: [PATCH 00/19] First HREF Device Tree enablement patch-set

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 13:58:38 +0000

On Friday 07 September 2012, Lee Jones wrote:
> Just running this by you, as there is method in the madness.
> 
> Linus wanted to keep changes to the Device Tree and changes
> in platform code separate, which is my reason for submitting
> all of my changes to date that way.
> 
> What I do (not sure if I've achieved that here yet, I'll need
> to take another look) is; make changes to the driver which
> enable it for Device Tree use. Then apply the DT node and remove 
> platform registration in two subsequent patches respectively. 
> Then when we come to bisect and land in between them we still
> have a perfectly working driver, only the second probe fails 
> which the only side-effect is some warnings in the boot log.

I'm sorry that you are getting conflicting directions from Linus
and me. We can use the approach you suggest here this time,
but I'd prefer if we can all agree on how to do this in the
future.

Linus: What is the reason you want to see the commits split up
like this? We normally try to split up changes into small
atomic improvements, but splitting them even further seems
counterproductive, and loses the context information in the
changeset description.

	Arnd