Subject: [PATCH v3 17/31] arm64: System calls handling

From: [email-masked] (Catalin Marinas)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:01:48 +0100

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 02:51:52PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Monday 10 September 2012, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> > Yes, I've seen these but since Al's patches are not in mainline, I don't
> > want to add additional dependencies to the arm64 patches (currently
> > based on 3.6-rc4). Once they get into mainline, I'll add a patch that
> > converts arm64 to the generic functions above.
> > 
> > For kernel_execve(), I think I can simplify it further and not rely on
> > Al's patches (similar to other architectures doing an SVC from kernel):
> 
> Hmm, I thought one of the reasons for Al to do his series was to discourage
> people from doing syscalls from kernel space, but I may be misremembering
> things. Al?

If that was the aim, I'm happy to change the code similar to the
arch/arm one. But as I said I would wait until Al's patches get into
mainline.

-- 
Catalin