Subject: [PATCH v3 1/9] pinctrl: mvebu: pinctrl driver core

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Petazzoni)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:01:54 +0200

Le Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:50:48 +0200,
Linus Walleij <[email-masked]> a ?crit :

> This is a valid reason to keep it as is in my book.
> Readability along with a datasheet is important, most important
> is that it has a good structure for those maintaining the driver.
> 
> Is this datasheet available so I can get the picture?

All publicly available datasheets for Marvell ARM SoCs are referenced
in Documentation/arm/Marvell/README.

See for example
http://www.marvell.com/embedded-processors/kirkwood/assets/HW_88F6281_OpenSource.pdf,
which is the hardware datasheet for the 88F6281 Marvell SoC (Kirkwood
family). Table 26 on page 53 of the PDF is a good example. It lists all
the pins, on per row, and then has columns for each function identifier
(from 0x0 to 0x7). Then each cell says when pin X is muxed in function
Y, it provides this functionality.

So clearly, this representation is a list of pins, and for each pin, a
list of possible functions that this pin can take.

Best regards,

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com