Subject: [PATCH 5/6] ARM: dove: Remove watchdog from DT

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Lunn)
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 12:31:41 +0200

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 12:14:39PM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Andrew Lunn,
> 
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:46:10 +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> 
> > I principle, i agree. However, i'm not too sure about mach-orion5x &
> > mach-mv78xx0. orion5x has probably been broken since -rc1 was released
> > and nobody noticed. In the same time, we got around 5 people
> > independently reporting kirkwood was broken. We have not received any
> > new boards for orion5x in the time i've been looking at Orion
> > platforms. mv78xx0 only has one board which is not a Marvell reference
> > design. So im tempted to not spend any effort moving orion5x or
> > mv78xx0 to DT unless these actually hinder the effort of moving the
> > others to DT.  What may make sense is to flatten mv78xx0 and orion5x
> > into plat-orion and then just watch the bit-rot happen.
> 
> I'll try to see if I can get people from LaCie to test mach-orion5x as
> I have a few contacts there, and I'll contact Marvell to see if they can
> still provide Orion-based platforms.

Marvell supplied my one one reference platform. So i can do some
testing that the basic infrastructure works.

But the problem with converting to DT is that there is a lot of
brainless monkey work needed per supported board, and its very easy to
make a typo. So each board converted to DT needs testing. I don't know
if we can find testers for all the boards. But should we throw out
working boards just because we cannot find somebody to test the DT
version?

	Andrew