Subject: [PATCH 5/7] ARM: clps711x: make all virtual addresses definition via one macro

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 18:25:49 +0000

On Wednesday 10 October 2012, Alexander Shiyan wrote:
> This patch make all virtual addresses definition via one macro.
> This modification allows to avoid warning "BUG: mapping for 0x80000000
> at 0xff000000 out of vmalloc space".
> 
> Signed-off-by: Alexander Shiyan <[email-masked]>

Two comments on this one:

* I wonder if we could just kill off some of the mappings if no driver
  relies on the registers being mapped in advance, especially for those
  that don't benefit from section mapping like the ethernet one that is
  only a page anyway.

* I would recommend defining the IO_ADDRESS macro in a way that the
  result is of type 'void __iomem *', and you add a cast in the 
  map_desc array. We will probably clean those up eventually and
  require that they are pointers at that place anyway, based on
  recent discussions.

	Arnd