Subject: [RFC PATCH] ARM: vt8500: Convert arch-vt8500 to multiplatform

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 07:47:46 +0000

On Thursday 11 October 2012, Alexey Charkov wrote:
> Does this imply that early printk won't be supported any longer, or am
> I missing something?

You are correct. However, there is work under way to bring it back.
If you want to keep it around in the meantime, you could let the user
enable VT8500 either in MULTIPLATFORM or standalone using some Kconfig
logic like:

choice "Platform selection"

...

config VT8500_SINGLE
	bool "Via/Wondermedia VT8500 / WM8505 / WM8650"

...

endchoice

...

config VT8500
	bool "Via/Wondermedia VT8500 / WM8505 / WM8650" if ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM
	default VT8500_SINGLE

	Arnd