Subject: [GIT PULL] omap plat header removal for v3.8 merge window, part1

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 08:09:01 +0000

On Friday 26 October 2012, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Here's a patch for that. It's against what I have queued up in
> omap-for-v3.8/cleanup-headers. Does that look OK to you?

Hi Tony,

thanks for the quick follow-up. Using the absolute #include statements
again looks good, but now there is another problem:

> diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-omap1/Makefile b/arch/arm/mach-omap1/Makefile
> index cd169c3..03b1e80 100644
> --- a/arch/arm/mach-omap1/Makefile
> +++ b/arch/arm/mach-omap1/Makefile
> @@ -2,6 +2,8 @@
>  # Makefile for the linux kernel.
>  #
>  
> +ccflags-$(CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP) := -I$(srctree)/arch/arm
> +

This is not what I meant, I don't think we want to have the entire
arch/arm/ hierarchy visible in platform directories. Instead, I thought
we'd keep using the existing arch/arm/mach-$foo/include/mach directories
that are currently visible to all files and make them available only
to platforms that explicitly add -I$(srctree)/arch/arm/include/mach-$foo/include
to their local include path.

This of course requires moving all those headers back to where they just came
from.

	Arnd