Subject: [PATCH] i2c: mxs: remove broken PIOQUEUE support

From: [email-masked] (Marek Vasut)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 15:28:17 +0100

Dear Wolfram Sang,

> This I2C master can do DMA and PIOQUEUE (PIO with FIFO). Originally,
> only PIOQEUE

PIOQUEUE ;-)

> was supported, then DMA support was added. The original
> intention was to keep PIOQUEUE since it has less overhead what is nice
> for small transfers. However, runtime switching between PIOQEUE and DMA
> depending on the transfer size never worked despite a lot of trying.
> Since PIOQUEUE mode itself was flaky (polling at places where interrupts
> failed to work) and the implementation also imposed a size limit for
> transfers, it is best to remove the support altogether which makes the
> driver a lot cleaner and more robust. If somebody really wants less
> overhead, plain PIO mode could still be implemented with the addidtional
> advantage that this mode is also available on MX23, too.

Yes, looks to be the way to go.

Reviewed-by: Marek Vasut <[email-masked]>

Thanks

[...]

Best regards,
Marek Vasut