Subject: [PATCH 1/7] ir-rx51: Handle signals properly

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 10:06:45 -0800

* Felipe Balbi <[email-masked]> [121214 09:59]:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 09:46:29AM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > * Felipe Balbi <[email-masked]> [121214 09:36]:
> > > 
> > > if it's really for PWM, shouldn't we be using drivers/pwm/ ??
> > > 
> > > Meaning that $SUBJECT would just request a PWM device and use it. That
> > > doesn't solve the whole problem, however, as pwm-omap.c would still need
> > > access to timer-omap.h.
> > 
> > That would only help with omap_dm_timer_set_pwm() I think.
> > 
> > The other functions are also needed by the clocksource and clockevent
> > drivers. And tidspbridge too:
> 
> well, we _do_ have drivers/clocksource ;-)

That's where the dmtimer code should live. But still it does not help
with the header.

Thomas, maybe we could use the hrtimer framework for it if there was
some way to completely leave out the rb tree for the dedicated hardware
timers? There's no queue needed as there's always just one value tied to
a specific timer.

Regards,

Tony