Subject: [PATCH 4/4] FEC: Add time stamping code and a PTP hardware clock

From: [email-masked] (Sascha Hauer)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 21:02:32 +0100

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:14:46PM +0800, Shawn Guo wrote:
> Hi Sascha,
> 
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 10:48:31PM +0800, Frank Li wrote:
> > > I don't know how to continue from here. Since the whole patch doesn't
> > > seem to reviewed very much I tend to say we should revert it for now and
> > > let Frank redo it for the next merge window.
> > >
> > > Other opinions?
> > 
> > Can we just disable CONFIG_FEC_PTP defaut instead of revert whole patch?
> > 
> To be clear, the following is what Frank meant.  Since Frank is out of
> office for some time, I will send this immediate fix to David, if you
> are fine with it.

This leaves an option in the tree which can be used to break FEC on
i.MX3/5.

	depends on !SOC_IMX31 && !SOC_IMX35 && !SOC_IMX5

might be an option, but given that this patch seems to have bypassed any
review I feel more like reverting it.

Sascha

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                           |                             |
Industrial Linux Solutions                 | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |
Peiner Str. 6-8, 31137 Hildesheim, Germany | Phone: +49-5121-206917-0    |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686           | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |