Subject: [RFC v1] PCIe support for the Armada 370 and Armada XP SoCs

From: [email-masked] (Thierry Reding)
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 22:06:22 +0100

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 03:50:40PM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Thierry Reding,
> 
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 16:32:31 +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:
> 
> > The complete code can be found in my tegra/next branch[0]. Beware that I
> > haven't cleaned up that branch in a while, so anything but looking at
> > the end result is not very recommended =). The branch contains patches
> > (untested) to make Harmony and TrimSlice initialize the PCIe from the
> > device tree, so anyone inclined to give this a spin should be able to do
> > so. If you want to try out the software emulated host bridge, you can
> > just uncomment the "#define EMULATE_HOST_BRIDGE 1" at the top of
> > arch/arm/mach-tegra/pcie.c.
> 
> Thanks for putting your code online. I've started using it already for
> the Marvell PCIe support, at least the host-bridge.c helpers you've
> written, and also to have a look at the DT binding you've implemented.

That's great. I've been thinking about this some more and one problem
we'll be facing is that none of the fake host bridges actually exist and
therefore don't have any official PCI IDs. What I did for Tegra was just
choose one of the nForce IDs, but that's obviously hackish. One solution
would be to convince somebody benevolent to sponsor an ID for this
particular purpose. I think Red Hat did so for Virtio.

Thierry
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20121228/be93f31d/attachment.sig>