Subject: [PATCH] ARM: nommu: re-enable use of vexpress without ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 20:22:48 +0000

On Wednesday 09 January 2013, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jan 2013, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> 
> > On a related topic, I still think we should fix ARCH_MULTI_V7 not
> > to select ARCH_VEXPRESS unconditionally and come up with a better
> > way to avoid having an empty platform list to make 'allnoconfig'
> > still work.
> 
> The virtual guest platform support that Will and Marc did is small 
> enough that it could always be selected in place of vexpress.

But that only helps when ARMv7 is selected, unless we want to build
it only for ARMv4, v5 or v6 kernels.

Besides, the only reason we can't have a kernel without any platform
selected is that the linker script has code in it to intentionally
barf on that because it's guaranteed not to boot on any hardware.

If we decide that building an allnoconfig without any platform
is actually ok, we could just as well rip out that error statement.

	Arnd