Subject: [PATCH 2/3] ARM: Orion: Bind the orion bridge interrupt controller through DT

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Petazzoni)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 09:13:49 +0100

Dear Jason Gunthorpe,

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:02:19 -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> I've attached the main mv dt patch as a MIME, sorry for the
> awkwardness, I am travelling and won't be available... Please feel
> free to re-post/alter as necessary. As I said before, I'm not happy
> with it because it doesn't follow the standard convention for MDIO
> phys.

The MDIO registers for the mv643xx_eth hardware are the same as the
ones for the mvneta hardware. Therefore, I've splitted this into the
mvmdio driver (available in mainline since 3.8,
drivers/net/ethernet/marvell). This allows to have a nicely separated
driver for the MDIO interface.

My plan was ultimately to modify the mv643xx_eth driver to use the
mvmdio driver, and then do a nice DT binding on top of that.

Does this sounds like a good plan?

Best regards,

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com