Subject: [PATCH v2 08/27] pci: implement an emulated PCI-to-PCI bridge

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Petazzoni)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:39:47 +0100

Dear Jason Gunthorpe,

Thanks a lot for your quick feedback!

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:35:16 -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> It is not essential, but desirable, to report an Express Root Port
> capability for PCI-E bridges:

[...]

> In the Marvell case, this capability can be constructed by pulling
> data from the the Express End Point capability of the PCI-E port:

I am not sure what you mean by "pulling". Do you mean that I should get
informations from the real PCIe interface, from within the emulated
PCI-to-PCI bridge implementation? This would unfortunately not be
really nice, because until now, the PCI-to-PCI bridge emulation is
clearly separated from the Marvell PCIe driver itself. Of course, it
could register a hook or something like that, so that the emulated
PCI-to-PCI bridge could potentially call back into the Marvell PCIe
driver.

I'll have to dig a little bit more about this capability to see how it
works exactly.

Thanks again for the feedback,

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com