Subject: [PATCH v2 07/27] PCI: Add software-emulated host bridge

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Petazzoni)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 23:30:48 +0100

Dear Jason Gunthorpe,

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:23:48 -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> I'm refering to your earlier question about what PCI IDs to use for
> the SW emulated devices. If there is no need for the host bridge then
> you only need 1 PCI ID (for the root port bridge) and you can probably
> fairly safely re-use the one in the Marvell config space of the HW.

Ah, ok, I see. But isn't a host bridge needed to bind all the
PCI-to-PCI bridges under a single bus, in order to get the global
resource assignment I was referring to?

Regarding the PCI IDs, I have started to work with Marvell to see what
is possible. I, unfortunately, haven't received the answer for now.

Best regards,

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com