Subject: [PATCH v2 05/27] arm: pci: add a align_resource hook

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Petazzoni)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:28:53 +0100

Russell,

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 15:25:18 +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> Yep, otherwise we'll have yet more code to review rather than one
> algorithm with a set of numbers...
> 
> I work on the principle that if something can be expressed numerically,
> that's always better than expressing it with code.

Having a hook allows for more flexibility (for example having special
alignment requirements depending on the device or something like that),
but I don't need this flexibility for the specific case I'm interested
in. So as you suggest, let's not over-engineer this, and use numerical
values. I'll rework my patch according to this suggestion.

Thanks,

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com