Subject: [PATCH 00/23] RFC: exynos multiplatform support

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 21:54:22 +0000

On Tuesday 05 March 2013, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> The s3c64xx_dma code is also interesting because
> it has both an implementation of the s3c_dma interface in
> arch/arm/mach-s3c64xx/dma.c and one using the generic interface in
> drivers/dma/amba-pl08x.c. 

This actually brings me to an interesting idea: the s3c64xx SPI driver
is used with the regular dmaengine API and pl330 on S5P and Exynos,
but with the s3c-dma interface and pl080 on S3C64xx.

If we just convert S3C64xx to use the pl080 dmaengine driver
instead, we can apply my SPI patch without breaking anything.

We still need a solution for the ASoC drivers, but they are
not as essential. We could probably move the wrapper files
from plat-samsung/*dma*.c to sounds/soc/samsung when that becomes
the only remaining user.

There is also drivers/mmc/host/s3cmci.c, which uses the s3c-dma
interface, but it is only used on s3c24xx, not s3c64xx or later.

	Arnd