Subject: [PATCH 10/10] drivers: misc: use module_platform_driver_probe()

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:28:45 +0000

On Monday 18 March 2013, Fabio Porcedda wrote:
> 
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > On Monday 18 March 2013, Fabio Porcedda wrote:
> >> Since by using platform_driver_probe() the  function
> >> ep93xx_pwm_probe() is freed after initialization,
> >> is better to use module_platform_drive_probe().
> >> IMHO i don't see any good reason to use module_platform_driver() for
> >> this driver.
> >
> > As I commented earlier, the platform_driver_probe() and
> > module_platform_drive_probe() interfaces are rather dangerous in combination
> > with deferred probing, I would much prefer Harley's patch.
> 
> Since those drivers don't use -EPROBE_DEFER i was thinking that they don't use
> deferred probing.
> I'm missing something?

clk_get() may return -EPROBE_DEFER after ep93xx is converted to use the
common clk API. We currently return the value of clk_get from the probe()
function, which will automatically do the right thing as long as the probe
function remains reachable.

	Arnd