Subject: [PATCH 07/15] ARM: cpuidle: add init/exit routine

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Lunn)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 20:09:08 +0100

> > Please could you add a comment in the code about which piece is
> > specific to ARM, because its not obvious to me. Its not like there is
> > a reference to WFI for example. It looks like this code could go in
> > drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle.c
> 
> Yes, I agree. At the first glance, the code, as it is, could go in this
> file but more ARM specific code will be moved to this ARM generic code
> driver like device tree description and couple idle states. The init
> function would be more arch specific then.

Hi Daniel

There was a discussion about device tree bindings when i posted
the kirkwood cpuidle driver, now in drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-kirkwood.c.

The conclusion was that pseudo devices, like cpuidle, do not have DT
bindings. They can check of_machine_is_compatible(), like
cpuidle-calxeda.c does, or they are platform drivers, which is what
cpuidle-kirkwood.c is.

Even if DT binding was allowed, it again should not be ARM specific.

Are coupled idle states ARM specific?

     Andrew