Subject: [RFC][PATCH 1/2] ARM: OMAP4: clock: Add device tree support for AUXCLKs

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 10:43:20 -0700

* Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> [130409 09:54]:
> * Roger Quadros <[email-masked]> [130409 03:00]:
> > On 04/05/2013 06:58 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > > 
> > > Can't you just use the clock name there to get it?
> > 
> > In device tree we don't pass around clock names. You can either get
> > a phandle or an index to the clock.
> > 
> > e.g. Documentation/devicetree/bindings/clock/imx31-clock.txt
> 
> Yes I understand that. But the driver/clock/omap driver can just
> remap the DT device initially so the board specific clock is
> found from the clock alias table. Basically initially a passthrough
> driver that can be enhanced to parse DT clock bindings and load
> data from /lib/firmware.

Actually probably the driver/clock/omap can even do even less
initially. There probably even no need to remap clocks there.

As long as the DT clock driver understands that a board specific
auxclk is specified in the DT it can just call clk_add_alias() so
the driver will get the right auxclk from cclock44xx_data.c.

Then other features can be added later on like to allocate a
clock entirely based on the binding etc.

Regards,

Tony