Subject: [PATCH 14/21] staging: nvec: allow modular build

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 21:41:03 +0200

On Tuesday 23 April 2013, Marc Dietrich wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 April 2013 18:30:46 Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > The serio code can be a loadable module, which in turn means that nvec
> > also has to be a module, so mark it as "tristate" in Kconfig.
> 
> oh, I didn't saw this randconfig error posting. NVEC isn't prepared for 
> modularized builds yet (it's on the TODO list though). So better say SERIO=y 
> here. Looking a bit closer, there is other stuff which can also be a module 
> (GPIOLIB, I2C, ...) so these also need a =y.

What is the problem with building it as a module? It looks all fine in that
regard.

I also did not see any problems with the other symbols, but that may be
because they get turned on as built-in even in allmodconfig. Marking it
as tristate certainly avoids the problem altogether.

> Should a post a patch?

If you have follow-on patches, they need to go on top now, since Greg
already took this patch.

	Arnd