Subject: [PATCH v3 24/32] arm64: KVM: 32bit GP register access

From: [email-masked] (Catalin Marinas)
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 17:09:07 +0100

On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 05:17:26PM +0100, Marc Zyngier wrote:
>  static inline bool kvm_vcpu_reg_is_pc(const struct kvm_vcpu *vcpu, int reg)
>  {
> -	return false;
> +	return (vcpu_mode_is_32bit(vcpu)) && reg == 15;
>  }

On AArch64, would ESR_EL2 have SRT == 15 when the source/destination
register is PC? The mapping between AArch32 and AArch64 registers
suggests R13_hyp. Maybe 15 is correct but it's not clear to me from the
spec.

BTW, on arch/arm it looks like this is used when you get a data abort
with PC as the destination register and you inject a prefetch abort in
this case. Why isn't this a normal data abort? Once you get the
information, you load it into PC but first you need to sort out the data
abort (unless I don't understand how the kvm_inject_pabt works).

-- 
Catalin