Subject: MVNETA irq with backport-3.8

From: [email-masked] (Willy Tarreau)
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 00:12:37 +0200

Hi Gr?gory,

On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 11:54:24PM +0200, Gregory CLEMENT wrote:
> Thanks for your help but I finally found the guilty commit, it was
> "66d0539 net: mvneta: convert to percpu interrupt".

Cool! Indeed I remember about this one that you proposed to me to
fix a regression I was experiencing on my mirabox after I picked
this one :

   f492fcf arm: mvebu: Add support for local interrupt

> This commit was never submitted because finally I realized that it was
> broken in SMP.

Yes I remember you explained me this.

> Finally it was the commit "arm: mvebu: Use local
> interrupt only for the timer 0" which was the correct solution.

Perfect.

(...)
> So Greg, the solution is just to revert the commit 66d0539. I am going
> to update the backport-3.8 branch in a couple of minutes.

Maybe it could be useful to think about backport-3.9 soon ? :-)

Best regards,
Willy