Subject: [PATCHv9 5/9] clk: mvebu: create parent-child relation for PCIe clocks on Armada 370

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Petazzoni)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 09:44:17 +0200

Dear Mike Turquette,

On Wed, 15 May 2013 14:41:54 -0700, Mike Turquette wrote:
> Quoting Thomas Petazzoni (2013-05-15 06:25:19)
> > The Armada 370 has two gatable clocks for each PCIe interface, and we
> > want both of them to be enabled. We therefore make one of the two
> > clocks a child of the other, as we did for the sataX and sataXlnk
> > clocks on Armada XP.
> 
> Ack for patches #5 and #6.  Do you want me to take them?

I don't know, I guess with your Ack, it would be easier to carry them
through the Marvell maintainers and then the arm-soc tree, so that we
can test arm-soc and have all the pieces needed in here.

That said, Sebastian Hesselbarth has submitted a big rework of the
mvebu clock drivers, which would conflict with this patch, and
Sebastian's rework would most likely go through your tree. If that's
the case, I guess it would be better to let you take #5 and #6 in this
patch series.

That's something to be discussed with the Marvell maintainers (Jason
Cooper, Andrew Lunn, Gregory Clement).

Thanks!

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com