Subject: MUSB multiplatform work?

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 13:31:33 -0700

* Linus Walleij <[email-masked]> [130530 13:27]:
> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > TUSB would work with dmaengine, but AFAIK we're still missing the
> > dmaengine configuration options to support increasing device end
> > FIFO address.
> 
> Can you elaborate on this? What is the usecase here?

There are many devices where the device FIFO is memory mapped to the
GPMC bus on omaps, like TUSB, OneNAND, smc911x etc. I believe the
only reason why these have not been converted to the dmaengine is
the fact that dmaengine cannot configure the DMA hardware to do
autoincrement and loop over the device FIFO.

You can see an example of this in tusb_omap_dma_program() if you
look at the various dma_params entries and omap_set_dma_* functions.

Regards,

Tony