Subject: [PATCH 09/11] mmc: omap_hsmmc: enhance pinctrl support

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 07:46:33 -0700

* Hebbar Gururaja <[email-masked]> [130531 03:19]:
> Amend the hsmmc controller to optionally take a pin control handle and
> set the state of the pins to:
> 
> - "default" on boot, resume and before performing a mmc transfer
> - "idle" after initial default, after resume default, and after each
> mmc/sd card access
> - "sleep" on suspend()
> 
> By optionally putting the pins into sleep state in the suspend callback
> we can accomplish two things.
> - One is to minimize current leakage from pins and thus save power,
> - second, we can prevent the IP from driving pins output in an
> uncontrolled manner, which may happen if the power domain drops the
> domain regulator.
> 
> If any of the above pin states are missing in dt, a warning message
> about the missing state is displayed.
> If certain pin-states are not available, to remove this warning message
> pass respective state name with null phandler.

There's a similar patch in the "[RESEND PATCH v2 1/3] mmc: omap_hsmmc:
Enable SDIO IRQ using a GPIO in idle mode" thread. It also makes the
SDIO interrupts to work, so we need to consider that too.

We can merge the dynamic pinmuxing parts separately, but they should
be in a separate function like I posted later on in the thread above.

Regards,

Tony