Subject: [PATCH 2/6] ARM: OMAP2+: Remove board-omap4panda.c

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 03:26:50 -0700

* Arnaud Patard <[email-masked]> [130617 02:52]:
> Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> I understand your concerns but, please, cope with reality: the clock
> work is not in -next so this tends to make me think it won't reach
> 3.11. We're at -rc6 after all. Telling users that their system doesn't
> have any network because it was easier to maintain, is not something
> they will understand imho.

Right, like I said: the idea is to have it usable with DT. And USB and
Ethernet certainly are part of what I call usable. So is MMC, WLAN and
DSS. I've certainly spent quite a bit of time on making sure panda works
with DT, and I can assure you that fixing the USB extclock is easier than
supporting the legacy boot with DT :)

This issue can also be fixed with a clock alias if we don't have DT
defined clocks ready for v3.11. It may take a few days for us to have
the solution. But get getting a clock to a driver certainly is not a
showstopper here. After all, that's what all drivers already do.

Regards,

Tony