Subject: [PATCH 2/6] ARM: OMAP2+: Remove board-omap4panda.c

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 04:27:01 -0700

* Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> [130617 03:32]:
> * Arnaud Patard <[email-masked]> [130617 02:52]:
> > Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> writes:
> > 
> > I understand your concerns but, please, cope with reality: the clock
> > work is not in -next so this tends to make me think it won't reach
> > 3.11. We're at -rc6 after all. Telling users that their system doesn't
> > have any network because it was easier to maintain, is not something
> > they will understand imho.
> 
> Right, like I said: the idea is to have it usable with DT. And USB and
> Ethernet certainly are part of what I call usable. So is MMC, WLAN and
> DSS. I've certainly spent quite a bit of time on making sure panda works
> with DT, and I can assure you that fixing the USB extclock is easier than
> supporting the legacy boot with DT :)
> 
> This issue can also be fixed with a clock alias if we don't have DT
> defined clocks ready for v3.11. It may take a few days for us to have
> the solution. But get getting a clock to a driver certainly is not a
> showstopper here. After all, that's what all drivers already do.

Care to test the last patch just posted by Roger in thread
" [PATCH 0/4] ARM: OMAP4: Panda USB Host support and DVI EDID fix"?

That adds a clock alias for the EHCI auxclk so it should continue
working until we have the DT clock patches available.

Regards,

Tony