Subject: [PATCH v3 05/12] ARM: mvebu: Remove the harcoded BootROM window allocation

From: [email-masked] (Jason Gunthorpe)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:51:11 -0600

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 04:43:31PM -0300, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:

> > I think some kind of test is needed here. As I understand it the SMP
> > startup uses a trampoline in the boot rom and the boot rom *must* be
> > mapped to 0xfff00000 ?

> Yes, that's my understanding as well, but I will do some testing since
> it should be interesting...

If it is like the earlier chips you will also have the choice of
something based at 0, there is a register bit that sets the reset
address.
 
> > Verifying the DT is setup this way and aborting if it is not seems
> > like a good idea..

> I have no problem doing that, but to me it sounds as it's the
> responsability of the one that writes the DT, no?

Having the kernel enforce that the DT node is present and at the right
location, I think, is helpful for the bootloader folks to ensure they
write correct DTs.

> Maybe this is a requirement for this SoC, but not for another...
> so, why should the kernel *check* for that?

The function was called armada_xp_smp_prepare_cpus - all Armada XP's
will work like this..

Jason