Subject: [PATCH 00/04] ARM: shmobile: ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM for EMEV2 and KZM9D

From: [email-masked] (Magnus Damm)
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 14:43:31 +0900

ARM: shmobile: ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM for EMEV2 and KZM9D

[PATCH 01/04] ARM: shmobile: Only build clocks when COMMON_CLK=n
[PATCH 02/04] ARM: shmobile: Introduce ARCH_SHMOBILE_MULTI
[PATCH 03/04] ARM: shmobile: Add EMEV2 and KZM9D to ARCH_SHMOBILE_MULTI
[PATCH 04/04] ARM: shmobile: Allow ARCH_SHMOBILE_MULTI timer configuration

This patch set extends mach-shmobile to allow a subset of SoCs and
boards to be built for ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM. With this series applied
the EMEV2 SoC and the KZM9D board can be built in two ways - either
as good old ARCH_SHMOBILE or new ARCH_SHMOBILE_MULTI. The latter
requires common clock framework for proper run time operation.

The goal is to over time move all DT reference implementations from
ARCH_SHMOBILE to ARCH_SHMOBILE_MULTI. Until CCF is available for a
certain SoC it is to me acceptable for a DT reference board to allow
build in both ARCH_SHMOBILE and ARCH_SHMOBILE_MULTI. The reason for
this is to allow incremental development and easy testing during
development of CCF for a certain SoC. The KZM9D board is now in this
state while it is waiting for common clocks to become ready.

In the near future a prototype hack will be posted that comments
out the clock framework bits on EMEV2 and will allow boot of KZM9D
in the case of ARCH_SHMOBILE_MULTI even though CCF is not yet
available.

Signed-off-by: Magnus Damm <[email-masked]>
---

 Built on top of renesas-next-20130704v2 and
 [PATCH] ARM: shmobile: KZM9D DT reference implementation

 arch/arm/Makefile                    |    1 
 arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile           |    1 
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/Kconfig       |   52 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/Makefile      |   32 +++++++++++++++-----
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/setup-emev2.c |    5 +++
 5 files changed, 77 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)