Subject: [PATCH] Route kbd LEDs through the generic LEDs layer

From: [email-masked] (Samuel Thibault)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 14:42:42 +0200

Pavel Machek, le Fri 12 Jul 2013 13:36:56 +0200, a ?crit :
> > This permits to reassign keyboard LEDs to something else than keyboard "leds"
> > state, by adding keyboard led and modifier triggers connected to a series
> > of VT input LEDs, themselves connected to VT input triggers, which
> > per-input device LEDs use by default.  Userland can thus easily change the LED
> > behavior of (a priori) all input devices, or of particular input devices.
> 
> Nice! Leds now have proper /sys interface.
> 
> But... I boot up, switch from X to console, press capslock, and no
> reaction anywhere.

Is it working without the patch?  Console-setup for instance is known to
have broken the capslock LED, which is precisely one of the reasons for
this patch, which will provide console-setup with a way to bring back
caps lock working properly.

At any rate, please provide way more information about your keyboard
and LED configuration (output of dumpkeys, dmesg, content of
/sys/class/leds/*/trigger, etc.), as things are just working fine for me
(just like it has been for the past two years).

> Note that this is notebook with usb keyboard plugged in (and two
> monitors), but I believe this worked before...

Things work fine with my USB keyboard too, is this perhaps using an odd
driver which would not expose LEDs in a standard way?

Samuel