Subject: [PATCH 1/3] dmaengine: add dma_get_slave_sg_limits()

From: [email-masked] (Vinod Koul)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 21:46:58 +0530

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 11:46:39AM -0500, Joel Fernandes wrote:
> From: Matt Porter <[email-masked]>
> 
> Add a dmaengine API to retrieve slave SG transfer limits.
> 
> The API is optionally implemented by dmaengine drivers and when
> unimplemented will return a NULL pointer. A client driver using
> this API provides the required dma channel, address width, and
> burst size of the transfer. dma_get_slave_sg_limits() returns an
> SG limits structure with the maximum number and size of SG segments
> that the given channel can handle.
Hi Joel,

I have already resurrected this and generalized the API to get the slave
capablities. 
https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/7/15/147

Please start using this API

~Vinod