Subject: [ARM ATTEND] DT binding and support and general SOC

From: [email-masked] (David Brown)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 17:42:17 -0700

Qualcomm is starting to ramp up actually contributing support for MSM
to the mainline kernel.  There are at least a couple of areas where I
see direct discussion involvement would be useful:

  - DT binding.  The Qualcomm out-of-tree code has roughly 37k lines
    of dts/dtsi files.  There has been a lot of effort here to try an
    manage/organize these bindings, but for the most part, this work
    has happened entirely internally.  As more MSM code is
    contributed, there will be a lot more bindings coming in.  I can
    bring experience with what we've done/learned with our current
    internal bindings, as well as bring feedback to more align our
    work with how the ARM bindings in general are moving.

  - SoC code structure and layout.  As ARM increases in variants (new
    CPU types, lots of SoCs, 64-bit etc), I think we should have some
    discussion of how to best organize the code.

David Brown

-- 
sent by an employee of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
hosted by The Linux Foundation