Subject: [PATCH 3.10-stable] at91sam9x5 rtc causes damage

From: [email-masked] (Greg KH)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 04:08:01 +0900

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 12:49:55PM -0400, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
> This one probably needs more sign-offs but some folks seem to be
> away. It is pretty simple and fixed in the current lk 3.11.0-rc
> series. So it just impacts the lk 3.10 series including lk 3.10.5 .
> 
> ChangeLog:
>   - without this patch members of the at91sam9x5 family (e.g.
>     at91sam9g25) that use the RTC will receive an unhandled
>     interrupt whenever they try to write to the RTC. In the
>     case of 9x5 SoCs that is the SYS interrupt shared with
>     several other things such as the debug port. Thereafter
>     the debug port becomes useless (for input), the RTC doesn't
>     work ...
> 
> Signed-off-by: Douglas Gilbert <[email-masked]>

<formletter>

This is not the correct way to submit patches for inclusion in the
stable kernel tree.  Please read Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt
for how to do this properly.

</formletter>