Subject: [PATCH 01/15] watchdog: orion: Remove unneeded BRIDGE_CAUSE clear

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Petazzoni)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 23:55:33 +0200

Dear Jason Cooper,

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 17:41:21 -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 03:02:48PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > Since this is so complex, maybe it is OK to abandon support for non-DT
> > boards in the WDT driver? Watchdog is not critical functionality, so
> > nobody should be critically impacted. Boards would have to migrate
> > to DT to get WDT back?
> 
> I'm not 100% opposed to this.  We need to give it careful thought, but
> it may be a viable solution since we are at the "convert old boards to
> DT" stage anyhow.  If we had ten more drivers and 6 release cycles in
> front of us, I'd say no.

While we're close to full DT for mach-kirkwood and mach-dove, we're
pretty far from that for mach-orion5x and mach-mv78xx0, and I believe
both are using the orion_wdt driver.

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com