Subject: [PATCH 2/2] ARM: Dove: Add the audio device to the Cubox DT

From: [email-masked] (Jean-Francois Moine)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:11:47 +0200

On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 11:26:54 +0200
Sebastian Hesselbarth <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Jean-Francois,
> Sorry for the messy reply, posting from mobile.
> 
> Can you please try <&si5351 1>, iirc audio ist connected to it. I will also 
> look it up later.

Sebastian,

In the Cubox, I changed the audio DT to:

&i2s1 {
	status = "okay";
	clocks = <&gate_clk 13>, <&si5351 1>;
	clock-names = "internal", "extclk";
	pinctrl-0 = <&pmx_audio1_i2s1_spdifo &pmx_gpio_13_audio1>;
};

and the sound does not get out correctly.

There is no sound at all, except when restarting playing which gives
some shrill sound for half a second at start time.

I lowered the rate in kirkwood-i2s, setting the clock by (* 128)
instead of (* 256), and, most of the time, this gives continuous shrill
and chopped sound at various sample rates (22.05, 32 and 44.1 kHz).
Lowering the clock to (* 64) gives no sound at all.

For more information, I use i2s input in the tda998x with audio rate
96kHz on HDMI output. The sound is fine with the internal dco (tested
with 44.1kHz only).

Some idea?

-- 
Ken ar c'henta?	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/