Subject: [PATCH 2/2] ARM: Dove: Add the audio device to the Cubox DT

From: [email-masked] (Jean-Francois Moine)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 18:17:16 +0200

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 16:27:19 +0200
Sebastian Hesselbarth <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Jean-Francois,
> 
> I can confirm the following for CuBox:
> 
> AU1_EXTCLK is connected to si5351 clkout 2. For the _current_
> (v3.12-rc1) dove-cubox.dts that means that you'll have to exchange
> the properties for &i2c0/si5351/clkout[12]. If you leave it the way
> it is, clkout2 is not allowed to change the pll inside si5351 and
> only try to get close to the requested clk rate by using output
> dividers. Would be great if you can provide a corresponding patch
> for v3.12 (no need to Cc stable).
> 
> Also, as you seem to push kirkwood-i2s DT forward, please get back
> to clkout2 (<&si5351 2>) for the audio node as you did correctly in
> the first place.
> 
> With above changes, SPDIF_EN, and forcing kirkwood-i2s to always use
> extclk, I can play SPDIF audio with 44k1 and 48k. Other rates could
> also work, but my audio equipment ignores anything else.

Sebastian,

Thanks for your change. I can now get audio at 44.1, 32 and 22.05 kHz
on HDMI with the external clock (via i2s, but s/pdif and other rates
should work too).

	[snip]
> What I am wondering here is, why you want to use i2s at all? On CuBox,
> HDMI transmitter is connected to both i2s and spdif. IIRC, for the
> transmitter it makes no difference if you provide i2s or spdif audio,
> _but_ what you are loosing for sure is pass-through, i.e. sending
> compressed AC3 directly.
	[snip]

It seems that my patch about adding s/pdif to the kirkwood audio driver
has not been accepted yet...

-- 
Ken ar c'henta?	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/