Subject: [PATCHv7 00/36] ARM: OMAP: clock data conversion to DT

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 12:24:21 -0700

* Paul Walmsley <[email-masked]> [131009 12:07]:
> Eh, one correction:
> 
> On Wed, 9 Oct 2013, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> 
> > We could easily wind up with kernels that won't boot at all when used 
> > with newer DT data.
> 
> This is a misstatement of the issue: the concern here is that newer 
> kernels may not boot at all with older DT data - which could easily be in 
> locked areas of the flash or firmware.

That's easy to avoid by allowing any combination of DT defined clocks,
loadable module clocks and /lib/firmware clocks depending on the use
case.

The older kernels have the clocks defined in DT, the newer kernels just
need to parse them.

Regards,

Tony